Saturday, May 31, 2008

Walt Disney Keeps Them Coming Back For More... Do You?

Years ago I took two of my children to Disney World. I’m not one for wild rides and roller coasters, but without my husband along, I had to bite the bullet and ride a few with my son. James fell in love with Splash Mountain, and I have to admit, I discovered it was a fun ride and I loved the inside of the mountain too. We rode that ride five times. I laughed every time. Now we’re planning another family trip to Disney and already I’m looking forward to Splash Mountain with James, and hoping the lines are short so we can repeat the ride a few times too.

Walt Disney understands that people don’t tire of a fun ride. In fact, when he created the theme park, he understood if it was really fun, families would come back again and again.

Your company gets this concept. Think about your demo or presentation you do at a show. It may only be 15 – 25 minutes, and you may feel like you do the same thing over and over, but it’s precisely what your customers come to learn, enjoy, and expect from you time and again. And bonus for you, the more you do it, the better and more natural you become. When your clients remind you during a demo to feature a particular product or show that "trick" you did last time, you know you are doing exactly what you need to be and what your customers come back time and again to see and buy.

The next time you think you need to shake things up a little, ask yourself if your customers are bored, or have you lost your enthusiasm? Perhaps you need to shift your perspective. When repeat clients see how simple this "job" is, they discover they too could be doing what you are doing. Think about the repetition as your "consultant in training" program.


Just like Walt Disney, you are creating an atmosphere of fun that keeps your customers coming back again and again.

No comments: