Sunday, November 16, 2008

Who Impacts Your Outlook?

Being an avid reader I know I'm in trouble when I walk into Barnes & Nobel. This time, I walked out with six new titles. The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon is the first one I've finished. I like Jon's e-newsletters and his book was no let down - it was perfect as a reminder to me that what you focus on you get more of. The only one who can impact your outlook on life is you!

When asked "how are you today?" by unsuspecting people I often respond with "I'm a happy girl!" It sure raises an eyebrow and sometimes a dropped jaw. One clerk asked if it was because it was payday! I laughed. "No, I'm happy just because life is good." She shook her head and couldn't imagine someone could be happy without there being a bigger reason. What gets better than "life is good"?!

Even if you're not a reader, you can read "The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy" because it is written in story format and can be read in a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. You are the most important factor to the success of your business and feeding your mind with positive material is critical. A $22 book is a lot cheaper than a shrink too.

I'll fill you in on the sales book I'm reading now when I finish it. I will tell you, I've already had to put it down twice to write down ideas because it is overflowing with them!
What's the best book you've read lately?

No comments: