Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prospecting and Sponsoring

I love being back in the field sponsoring. I’m hearing first hand all the excuses that naturally come up by consultants about why they can’t call someone today, right now, while they are thinking of them.

Here’s a few with my own thrown in and the rebuttal I have to each of them:

She works.
~ And you know for sure you can’t make a quick call to her at work?
~ So call this evening.
~ Who else can you call now?

I heard she is already working three jobs.
~ Sounds like she needs the cash flow.
~ A direct selling business may be the answer to her work load.
~ Being in control of her schedule may be a huge benefit to her.

Last time I talked to him he wasn’t interested.
~ Life changes.
~ Maybe the company has a new program that is more fitting at this time.
~ I said no last spring too then last fall I said yes.

I don’t want her to think I’m hounding her.
~ If you haven’t even offered the opportunity how can it be hounding?
~ When was the last time you called? An hour ago or last week?
~ When was the last time you actually connected?
~ She can always say no.
~ Is it hounding to give someone a gift they can say "No thank you" to?

I’ll wait till I have a little more success under my belt.
~ In the meantime, someone else who started at the same time will offer
the business and your prospect will sign under them.
~ In the meantime, your friend will be inspired by your confidence to
start a business that she starts in another company.
~ How much success do you personally have to have?
~ Kindergartners use the buddy system, so should you.

What has been your excuse? Get over it! There’s no time like the present. Go make your prospecting calls before your prospect signs under someone else or with another company.

No comments: